All Terrain Freestyle Fun Banana
Banana Magne-Traction! Award winning technology, handmade in the USA by snowboarders at Mervin Manufacturing, proven sandwich construction, aspen core, twin geometries and a great price. Banana Technology is easy to ride, rips the hardpack, kills the jibs, floats powder unbelievably. The Magne-Traction serrated edges give you awesome control and edgehold even on ice. All terrain freestyle performance for new traditionalists of all ability levels….. a Carbon Credit is all you need to go from beginner to pro. Also available in wides. Bananas are fun and easy to ride! 2011 TWSNOW Good Wood Winner!!
- Banana Technology (BTX): Mervin’s revolutionary original all-terrain freestyle banana blend. Rocker between your feet blended with flat-to-mild camber to contact points. Focuses pressure between your feet for easy turns, great edge hold on ice, and a mild amount of pressure to the tip and tail for unreal float and catch-free freestyle.
- Magne Traction: Serrated edges cut into the snow like a knife giving you more edge hold and control than ever before. magne-Traction deatures 7 strategically located and sized bumps along each side of your sidecut. Magne-Traction is wiggles that work. Viva Technology.
- SANDWICH CONSTRUCTION: Construction Standards and Oddities.
Every Gnu is handmade by snowboarders with jobs in the USA. Gnus are built with tough and fast UHMW external sidewalls and impact resistant end grain internal sidewalls. Ultra-light weight rugged polymer bumper sandwich tip and tails are standard on all Gnus. Steel edges are used for control along the contact area and tucked-in just past the contacts for minimum spin weight heavy unnecessary steel edge is eliminated from the tips and tails. Banana Tech, EC2, or C2 BTX Camber/Banana Tech combo and Magne-Traction serrated edges are far from standard but are standard on every Gnu snowboard.
- TRUE TWIN SHAPE: Twin (equal length and equal width) tip and tails combined with a centered radial sidecut. Rides equally well in both directions with a focus on freestyle. Park, powder, pipe: perfect.
- CX2500 BASE: Hard, Fast and virtually maintenance free. A Gnu sublimation system exclusive. more copy Hard, Fast and virtually maintenance free. A Gnu sublimation system exclusive.Hard, Fast and virtually maintenance free. A Gnu sublimation system exclusive
- BI-AXIAL GLASS: 2 way fiber orientation. Engineered to make the difficult easy
- EISS 5 UHMW SIDEWALLS: Tough UHMW sidewalls on the exterior laminated to 5 layers of endgrain birch on the inside. Great on or off the snow. ULTRA LIGHT SPIN WEIGHT!
- A.5 SUSTAINABLE WOODCORE: MERVIN A.5 SUSTAINABLE WOODCORE: ASPEN / EISS 5 SIDEWALLS. Full Aspen with EISS 5 edge pop / strength. Wood Core Weirdness! In 2008 the world’s fastest growing trees in Gnu’s Altered Genetic forest produced an exceptional harvest of long fibered light weight poppy wood that we call nature’s fiberglass. This select crop has been carefully seasoned and built into cores and is the light poppy center of many of our favorite 2011 Gnu snowboards. Got any fungus?
Blackhole Boards Part #:
Board Type: Freeride
Length: 1590 mm
Sidecut Radius: 8.4 mm
Tip Width: 298 mm
Tail Width: 298 mm
Waist Width: 255 mm
Effective Edge: 1210 mm
Flex Meter: 3