Jib Focused Twin Freestyle
Street Bananas! Skate focused Urban jib Banana with Magne-Traction. Mid-wide twin freestyle shapes. Banana Tech jibs like no other. Higher ollies, deeper presses, in and out of kinky situations. If the only face shots you get happen sweeping the ledge this is your board. This board also kills the pow and everything else if you can put away the bungee long enough to score a lift ticket.
- Banana Technology (BTX): Mervin’s revolutionary original all-terrain freestyle banana blend. Rocker between your feet blended with flat-to-mild camber to contact points. Focuses pressure between your feet for easy turns, great edge hold on ice, and a mild amount of pressure to the tip and tail for unreal float and catch-free freestyle.
- Magne Traction: Serrated edges cut into the snow like a knife giving you more edge hold and control than ever before. magne-Traction deatures 7 strategically located and sized bumps along each side of your sidecut. Magne-Traction is wiggles that work. Viva Technology.
- SANDWICH CONSTRUCTION: Construction Standards and Oddities.
Every Gnu is handmade by snowboarders with jobs in the USA. Gnus are built with tough and fast UHMW external sidewalls and impact resistant end grain internal sidewalls. Ultra-light weight rugged polymer bumper sandwich tip and tails are standard on all Gnus. Steel edges are used for control along the contact area and tucked-in just past the contacts for minimum spin weight heavy unnecessary steel edge is eliminated from the tips and tails. Banana Tech, EC2, or C2 BTX Camber/Banana Tech combo and Magne-Traction serrated edges are far from standard but are standard on every Gnu snowboard'li>
- TRUE TWIN SHAPE: Twin (equal length and equal width) tip and tails combined with a centered radial sidecut. Rides equally well in both directions with a focus on freestyle. Park, powder, pipe: perfect.
- WAX INFUSED BASE: Mervin’s exclusive dual layer sintering process. The base layer of sintered material literally has One Ball Jay wax built in. New wax is being exposed at the exact rate you ride. RADICAL DUDE. Fast / Low maintenance
- QUASI GLASS: 4 way fiber orientation 0/45/45/90. Triaxial and biaxial glass combo for max pop and control.
Vectran liquid crystal polymer was developed as the fiber foundation for inter-planetary Mars lander tires and has 10 times the strength of titanium
- EISS 5 UHMW SIDEWALLS: Tough UHMW sidewalls on the exterior laminated to 5 layers of endgrain birch on the inside. Great on or off the snow. ULTRA LIGHT SPIN WEIGHT
- BA SUSTAINABLE WOODCORE: MERVIN BA SUSTAINABLE WOODCORE: BIRCH / ASPEN- Super damp and dense. Solid pop and crud blasting stability at speed. Wood Core Weirdness! In 2008 the world’s fastest growing trees in Gnu’s Altered Genetic forest produced an exceptional harvest of long fibered light weight poppy wood that we call nature’s fiberglass. This select crop has been carefully seasoned and built into cores and is the light poppy center of many of our favorite 2011 Gnu snowboards. Got any fungus?
Blackhole Boards Part #:
Board Type: Freestyle
Length: 1520 mm
Sidecut Radius: 7.8 mm
Tip Width: 294 mm
Tail Width: 294 mm
Waist Width: 250 mm
Effective Edge: 1160 mm
Flex Meter: 3